Sunday, August 28, 2011

Conversion

Already one of my favorite aspects of church is that I don't have to convert. What I mean is this. All week I spend energy converting: Honduran Lempiras to US dollars (1L = $0.053), kilometers to miles (1km = 0.62 miles), Honduran time to US time (WI time = my time +1), and English to Spanish and back again (sorry, no formula for this one).

On Sunday at church, however, I don't have to convert because, well, everyone's already converted. (You knew that was coming). Seriously, what I mean is that we speak the same spiritual language. We serve one Lord and read one Holy Scripture and are empowered by one Holy Spirit. That unity and the resultant community is refreshing and invigorating. I don't have to think a great deal in order to figure out how to interact because we have the most important things in common. And that is a great relief.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. I am enjoying your perspective of Teguz through fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete