Sunday, August 28, 2011

Big city; small world

Big City. Tegucigalpa is a city of almost 1.5 million people. I am acquainted with fewer than 100 of them. And yet I ran into two of them at the store yesterday. That was a pleasant surprise (and also a reminder that I always have to be on my best behavior!)


Small world. In this morning's service we had a visitor who teaches as one of the Christian schools in Tegucigalpa. After the service she asked me if I had any relatives named "Jon." As it turns out, she attended my brother's church in WI during two summers while working at a nearby summer camp. Who'd a thunk?

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing the connections you'll find down here. My hometown pastor's brother and family are here. A pastor in the area from back home has a daughter down here serving. And, Colin (from church) and I graduated from high schools about an hour apart. Definitely a small world!

    ReplyDelete