Friday, May 11, 2012

Why I'm glad I DON'T live in Belgium

After the last post I was afraid people might think that I'm discontent in Honduras and pining to serve God somewhere else. So as a follow-up I thought I'd give you a list of reasons why I'm glad I don't live in Belgium.

  • I don't speak Flemish or Frenchish.
  • I'm not a huge fan of waffles.
  • Cost of living is much lower here.
  • I don't have to fly overnight to get to the states.
  • I rather like rice and beans.
  • I'm average height here.
  • There's really good but cheap coffee here.
  • It doesn't cost as much to fly to the states.
  • It's not gray and rainy 300 days of the year.
  • Protestants are nearly a majority here.
  • The people here are friendlier. (Well, so they tell me. Not being especially friendly myself, I don't feel qualified to assess whether they are or not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment