Monday, May 14, 2012

Weird Waftings

Both yesterday and today I have had unexpected things wafting through my window:

  • Yesterday it was the sounds of my native tongue. Now, granted, as pastor of an English-speaking church I hear my share of English in this Spanish-speaking land, but not often is there a group of young people outside my window chatting in English. So unexpected was it that it took me awhile to grasp what was happening. Then the conversation turned to various ways to swear in Spanish significantly diminishing my interest.
  • Today it was a passing whiff of freshly-mowed grass. There is not a great deal of grass in Honduras in general and in our neighborhood in particular there are only postage-stamp sized "lawns" so I have no idea where it came from but it provoked a brief moment's reverie. 

1 comment:

  1. Mowed grass just might be my favorite "Rare USA moment in honduras"

    ReplyDelete