Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Little hope for change

No, this post is not about Obama, rather, a specific follow-up to an observation made in an earlier post.

Today I ate lunch out with a friend. Our bill came to about 200 lempiras or $10.00.

Neither of us had much in the way of small bills so I paid with a 500 lempira note, roughly worth $25.

My change, all 300 lempiras of it, came in 10 and 20 lempira notes (13x20, 4x10).

To put this in perspective, I essentially got $15 worth of change in thirteen $1 bills and four 50¢ pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love it when you are the 5th person in line and you watched everyone in front of you pay with small bills and you only have a 500. Then the cashier tells you he/she don't have enough change for you to pay in a 500. I've had to walk out of stores without purchasing what I wanted because they "didn't have enough change."

    ReplyDelete