Sunday, September 18, 2011

Getting dizzy on the merry-go-round

As mentioned in a previous post, Thursday was Independence Day and many teachers and others had extended weekends. Knowing that many of them would be enjoying a weekend away I figured that attendance might be a bit lower this Sunday. Oh me of little faith.

As it turned out it might have been our fullest Sunday since our (0r my) arrival. I particularly noticed and enjoyed this fact when we were singing. It is hard, however, to decide what, if anything, that means. After all a certain percentage of today's attendees were members of a team visiting one of the ministries represented by our members, The Micah Project.

We are also in a stage where newer arrivals to the country are visiting churches. So far I am having a hard time getting my head around who exactly the congregation is. What I mean is that visitors who may land at Union are in and out for various reasons and regular attenders are themselves on rotating schedules with other ministry responsibilities. I have yet to sort out who is a "sometimes" who is an "always" and who is a "maybe."

To make things worse, of course, is that they ALL know who we are but we have to work to remember who THEY are!

No comments:

Post a Comment